Monday, March 7, 2011

First of Two Posts

The first post that I bring to you guys tonight is about a very emotional subject to some (Arsenal fans). I know that it has been over a week since the Carling Cup final but I promised myself that I had to blog about it. I mean as Manchester United fan it brings me great joy to see Birmingham City lift that cup because yet again Arsenal failed to get their hands on any silverware. However as a soccer fan it is shame to watch Arsenal go through this 7 year drought now. I love the game and I am a Manchester United fan but from a person who truly understands the game it brings great joy to watch Arsenal play the game of futbol. To me that don't play soccer, they play football because what they do out on the field and what Arsene Wegner preaches is just pure beautifu stuff. As a soccer fan I can never hate Arsenal because of the beauty and class that the club brings to this wonderful game. BUT! lets anaylze what has gone wrong over the years. The first and foremost thing that pops out on my mind is that they don't have enough proven winners. Cesc has won on the international stage (World and Euro Cups), which is huge, but it doesnt really correlate to Arsenal. I believe he may have one medal but the only person I think that has a medal is Gael Clichy. They lost a lot of players after their invincible years and they had a couple great years afterwards too but no medals to show for it. When the invincibles left it became apparent that Arsenal was going to have to rebuild. And year after year I keep hearing the same thing my brother, "we're young, just wait in a couple years". For once I absolutely agree with him. Their biggest problem has been their goalkeeping situation. There just hasn't been another Jens Lehnman or Seamen between the pipes for Arsenal. You can look at it from another persective though, all teams go through a spell like this. Man U went through a 4 year spell where they lost a lot and Arsenal pounced on the opportunity and now Arsenal lost a lot and Chelsea and Man U have dominated the past 7 years of English football. I believe Arsenal's time will come because of the youth and talent. Once that team wins one thing, it will want to keep repeating that theme and wonderful feeling over and over again. Mark my words, once this young Arsenal team wins one thing, there will be a domino effect and the rest of the world will be in trouble because the one thing I noticed about great Arsenal teams, they are a great 'team' one that will do anything on the pitch for each other.

BUT this video is gonna sting a little. Come on guys I looked at both sides!

No comments:

Post a Comment