Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Goal Line Technology

Got two posts this week folks! the first I will be talking about Goal line technology and how I am totally against. I come from an old fashioned Scottish soccer family who has always been talented in this sport. My Grandfather played semi pro my uncle played pro and my dad played at a high level. My brother has all the talent in the world and I think will turn pro one day (i'll be his pr guy). Having said that, I have always been taught that soccer is a game of successes and unfortunates. Anyone can win on any given day and it doesn't matter who! It is why the FA Cup and other cups are a great wait to give the little fish a chance at the pig pond. Anyway as for the Goal Line technology thing it would take everything the game is and this would be a beginning step of taking away other things this great game gives us. Our generation doesn't realize the constant honesty that this great game provides us. There is going to be mistakes, my players, teams, and referees and the fact that a clear goal is disallowed is part of the game. If we take that away from soccer our world will start to tarnish the world's sport. Some people think that it will improve the game and make it better but I firmly believe that using goal line technology will take away from the games honesty and unexpectedness. We play this game to play the game we love, sometimes stuff doesn't go our way and sometimes it does. There's days where we feel like the best players in the world, and other days where it just isn't working for you. Keeping the game honest and giving the referees the last call will keep the game sain. Which leads us to another reason, we are taking the power away from the referees in a sense. How would a referee feel if he had to reverse his call. THERE IS NOT REVERSE CALLS IN SOCCER. It would take so much power away from the refs, who have the worst job already, and give it to the players, the managers, and fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment